Interested in learning more about the people and organizations that are fighting to preserve land in your neighborhood and from coast to coast? Check out these groups dedicated to open land preservation to learn more!
- American Farmland Trust: The mission of American Farmland Trust is to save the land that sustains us by protecting farmland, promoting sound farming practices, and keeping farmers on the land.
- The Trust for Public Lands: Their mission is to create parks and protect land for people, ensuring healthy, livable communities for generations to come.
- USDA’s Natural Resources Conservation Service : NRCS helps America’s farmers, ranchers and forest landowners conserve the nation’s soil, water, air and other natural resources. All programs are voluntary and offer science-based solutions that benefit both the landowner and the environment.
- Land Trust Alliance : The Land Trust Alliance is a service-based organization committed to saving the places people need and love by strengthening land conservation across America.
- Foothills Land Conservancy: Southern Appalachian Mountains, TN. The Foothills Land Conservancy is a non-profit organization whose purpose and mission are the protection and preservation of conservation values of natural and productive landscapes in the foothills of the Great Smoky Mountains and their surroundings.
- North Shore Land Alliance: Long Island, NY. The North Shore Land Alliance is a not-for-profit land trust formed to protect and preserve, in perpetuity, the green spaces, farmlands, wetlands, groundwater and historical sites of Long Island’s north shore for the enhancement of quality of life and benefit of future generations.
Have you found other useful open land preservation websites and organizations that you would like to see added to this list? Send an email and the link to firstname.lastname@example.org.