The role of the Assistant Office Coordinator position is to ensure efficient and timely operations of the office so as to support and enhance the work of the organization. The Assistant Office Coordinator will work under the supervision of the ACGA Board or Executive Director once one has been obtained.
Admin support functions may include
- Office support (phone, voice-mail, fax, e-mail, website, office supply ordering, filing, ensuring the organization and office equipment is in good working order, preparation of mail outs including correspondence, thank you notes and tax receipts.
- Development of office systems and protocols including maintaining and updating the member database.
- Support the work of the ACGA Board with timely meeting reminders and distribution of materials.
- Responsible for ACGA membership duties, including processing memberships, sending out expiration reminders and general announcements to ACGA members and answering all membership related questions.
- Support the organization’s ability to respond to emergencies and urgent issues.
- Coordination of the monthly newsletter (electronic format) in partnership the ACGA Board. Coordination includes collecting articles from Board members and ACGA members, drafting announcements, and compiling and editing the enews letter.
- Monitor ACGA social media outlets, such as Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and the ACGA listserv.
- Draft announcements and notifications pertaining to ACGA activities and send out through enews list, Facebook, Twitter and the ACGA listserv.
- Maintain the electronic communications network for the organization and send out regular notices.
- Support the work of the special project with minutes (if necessary), meeting reminders and other items.
- Maintain the electronic communications network of the organization’s project, and send out regular notices.
- Design flyers and graphics per Board request.
- Make timely bank deposits and keep appropriate monetary records.
- Coordinate workshop and conference registration and assist with both as needed.
- Carry out other specific projects as determined by the Board.
- Office experience
- Excellent computer skills in word processing, database management, webpage posting and electronic communication software
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
- Excellent ability to organize. Manage multiple tasks and prioritize
- Excellent team work and communication skills
- Strong volunteer coordination skills
- Knowledge of gardening and community gardening
- This is a part time position; 20 hours/week.
- Hours of work generally fall between Monday -Friday 9-5. Due to certain demands of the job, flex time may be necessary.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and put office coordinator into the subject line or via fax at 678-399-3976.