Who is shining a spotlight on and sharing information about community gardening? Here’s a running collection of media stories about how community gardening is improving the lives of people across the globe!
- A Brief History of Grassroots Greening in NYC: By Sarah Ferguson.
- Jon Rowley’s Patch Garden & Million Flower Memorial Garden Fund. Seattle Post-Intelligencer, Feb. 2002.
- He has a down-to-earth recipe for gardening success: by Ross Atkin, Christian Science Monitor
- Beautiful but small: Tiny public gardens brighten up neighborhoods: by Alice T. Carter, Trib Live, Aug. 2013.
- Cultivating Lifelong Gardeners with Community Gardens: by Julie Bawden-Davis, Parade Magazine, Oct. 2014.
- Starting a community garden: LaManda Joy’s new book has growing tips: by William Hageman, Chicago Tribune, Feb. 2015.
- Community gardening on the rise: by Kristina Smith, Fremont News-Messenger, March 2015.
- How My Little Community Garden Plot Went From Flop to Flourish: by Carolyn Beans, National Public Radio, Aug. 2017.
- These 8 Mental Health Benefits Of Community Gardening Might Make You Start Your Own: by Tamara Pearson, The Alternative Daily, Aug. 2018.
- A Growing Trend: Workplace gardens offer numerous benefits to companies and the environment: by Matthew Flynn, Boss Magazine, Jan. 2019
Have you found other useful community gardening articles or newscasts in the media that you would like to see added to this list? Send an email and the link to email@example.com.