Starting a community garden in your hometown? ACGA offers a wealth of resources to help you, and we’ve provided a list of additional resources from across the web below!
- Brownfield Remediation: Solutions for Urban Agriculture.
- City Farmer: The most comprehensive site on the internet about urban agriculture, community gardening and sustainable agriculture.
- Community Garden Start-Up Guide: From the Common Ground program of University of California Cooperative Extension in Los Angeles [PDF].
- Creating Community Gardens, by Dorothy Johnson, Executive Director, & Rick Bonlender, MN Green Coordinator, Minnesota State Horticultural Society Minnesota State Horticultural Society, 1970 Folwell Avenue, #161, Saint Paul, Minnesota 55108.
- How Does Our Garden Grow? A Guide to Community Garden Success: An extensive manual on garden start up by ACGA Board member Laura Berman.
- Community Gardening Toolkit: From the University of Missouri Extension
- Urban Community Gardens: Includes sections on benefits, getting started, organizations, funding, articles & publications, and gardens.
- Urban Gardening Program: The Coordinator’s Book,The Pennsylvania State University Cooperative Extension Service
- A Handbook of Community Gardening: By Boston Urban Gardeners, edited by Susan Naimark. Published in 1982 by Charles Scribner’s Sons, New York ISBN 0-684-17466-9 — Out of print – may be available through used booksellers.
Have you found other useful websites, articles, or books that you would like to see added to this list? Send an email and the link to email@example.com.