Growing Community from the Ground Up
Film Submission Guidelines
Entry deadline: July 8, 2013.
Film content must pertain to a community garden, urban farm, urban food forest, or collaborative project focused on growing fresh food in cities.
- Video length must be 1-3 minutes.
- Video makers younger than 13 must have their video entered by a parent, guardian or adult sponsor.
- As an entrant, you are responsible for all content you post or upload.
- In addition to upholding our Code of Conduct, you are responsible for adhering to all applicable local and national laws.
Criteria for Selection
Submissions do not have to be technically sophisticated, but should:
- Engage, inspire, and make viewers want to get involved in similar projects in their communities. Help viewers see a topic in a new light.
- Communicate a clear message or story.
- Be aesthetically pleasing.
- Demonstrate care in editing and production.
Code of Conduct
The organizers of this competition are not responsible for the content of any user-created content. The decision to view content or engage with others is yours. We advise you to use your judgment. Please report abuse if you see any of the following violations.
Videos must NOT contain any of the following:
- Nudity of any sort including full or partial human nudity or nudity in non-human forms such as cartoons, fantasy art or manga.
- Incites, advocates, or expresses pornography, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity, hatred, bigotry, racism, or gratuitous violence.
- Misrepresents the source of anything you post or upload, including impersonation of another individual or entity.
- Content that is protected by intellectual property laws, rights of privacy or publicity, or any other applicable law unless you own or control the rights thereto or have received all necessary consents.
- Is intended to harm or exploit minors in any way.
- Is illegal or violates any applicable local and national laws; including but not limited to child pornography, bestiality, incest, illegal drugs, software piracy, and harassment.
- Threatens, stalks, defames, defrauds, degrades, victimizes or intimidates an individual or group of individuals for any reason; including on the basis of age, gender, disability, ethnicity, sexual orientation, race or religion; or incites or encourages anyone else to do so.
- Content that is considered 'junk mail', 'spam', 'chain letters', 'pyramid schemes,’ 'affiliate marketing' or unsolicited commercial advertisement.